Should I Build A Deck Or Patio First in Morrow County, Ohio?
A deck or patio is a great choice for multi-level landscapes. For instance, homes with a first floor are perfectly placed to get a deck and a patio underneath it. The question now remains what needs to be built first. The deck or the patio?
Generally, all professional landscapers agree that both the deck and the patio should be built at the same time. Here’s why;
The Design Ideas
People who have decided to build both the deck and patio simultaneously often wonder how to start such a huge, massive project. The answer lies in the design they choose. Even though the deck is made first, then the patio is added, they should both be designed at the same time.
Designing them at the same time ensures that;
• Both spaces work seamlessly and harmoniously together
• The homeowner gets their dream deck and patio
It is every homeowner’s nightmare to have a deck and patio that are unmatched. They both seem to compete for attention and clash while at it.
Designing and executing the plans for the patio and deck together also ensures that they are both functional. The most common problem with designing the two separately is the deck stairs. They can awkwardly meet the patio and even become obstructive. This leaves the patio with minimal usable space.
The ideal situation is to have enough patio space and for it to be aesthetically pleasing and functional. A befitting solution that makes the patio unique and optimizes it is using spiral staircases.
We have already established that designing the deck and patio at the same time is the only approach to use. But who do you hire between a deck builder and a patio company? Or do you get both? It is unwise to pick two different companies because the homeowner is automatically given the role of general contractor.
Since the homeowner is unqualified for this role, it becomes stressful for them to run point on the project constantly. A foolproof way to go about this is to hire a landscaping designer who has experience in both deck and patio building. Rangels Patio & Concrete has expertise in both fields and is a great fit for this project.
• We have proven results of this form of combination designing and building for several years.
• The homeowner can step back from the project and is assured that they will get a great deck and patio when the job is done.
• We offer additional services, including pergolas, outdoor plants, and lighting.
• Offer the best and latest outdoor building materials, such as composite decking. This material doesn’t splinter and demands little maintenance.
• The homeowner works with a specialized team of experts. This helps bring their dream deck and patio designs to life.
• The homeowner can ask for a landscape consultation, which gives both parties a better understanding of the deck and patio to be built.
A successful project greatly depends on the landscape company. This makes it one of the most crucial decisions a homeowner can make when building a patio and deck. The right contractor in Morrow County, Ohio, gives homeowners peace of mind and a beautiful deck with a patio to boot. We invite you to contact Manuel today to discuss your new patio and decking project.